In order to promote friendship and understanding between people in China and abroad, and develop communication and cooperation in aspects of politics, economics, culture and education, Chinese government set Chinese Government Scholarship to support excellent students, teachers and scholars to study in China. Northeast Agricultural University is one of the 252 universities which are responsible for educating Chinese Government Scholarship students, and currently there are nearly 200 international students are enjoying different programs of Chinese Governments Scholarship here.
Northeast Agricultural University (hereinafter referred to as NEAU), located in the city of Harbin, is a key level university of Heilongjiang province and included in the national “211 Project”. NEAU comprises 19 colleges and 1 teaching department. There are 7 post-doctoral research stations, 2 post-doctoral work stations, 31 doctoral degree programs, 78 master degree programs and 75 undergraduate majors, covering the disciplines of Agronomy, Engineering, Science, Economics, Management, laws and Arts. The total Faculty number is 1267, including 266 professors and 336 associate professors. Currently NEAU consists of 22575 students, among which 3392 are postgraduates.
Applicants shall submit the written application materials and apply online (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn the Recruitment agencies code of NEAU is 10224) and send the application material to NEAU before March 31, 2015.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
2) Applicants should be in healthy physical condition.
3) Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4) Excellent achievement in your study5) Comparative good ability in research
6) Applicants doesn’t gain any other scholarship
3. Application Materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate). （The applicants shall download the Application Form after application online through http://laihua.csc.edu.cn and stamp a two inch photo on the form and should leave signature in the required blank.
1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC), the original document and a copy, filled in Chinese or in English.
2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they shall also provide studying certificates or employment documents. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3) Applicants for graduate studies are required to provide undergraduate transcripts. Applicants for doctoral studies need to provide undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
5) Applicants for master and doctoral degree studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
6) Published academic papers and academic achievements (if have)
7) Applicants should provide a copy of HSK certificate if it is passed.
8) A copy of the passport
9) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results are valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
10) Acceptance letter from supervisor(can be attached if you have)
The above materials should directly reach the International Exchange Division of NEAU. The application material would not be sent back whether the applicant is enrolled or not.
4. Details of the Scholarship
1). Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials and accommodation on campus;
2). Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
3). Monthly living allowance and One-off settlement subsidy after registration is paid to the students by the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month): Master degree students: CNY 1,700 YuanDoctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 YuanOne-off settlement subsidy: CNY 1,500 YuanInternational travel expenses: self-afforded.
4). NEAU provides free accommodation for Chinese Government Scholarship students, 2-3 bachelor students or master students shall live in one room, 1-2 doctoral students shall live in one room.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship that beyond the university’s arrangements should be afforded by the student himself.
2) Fee for basic learning materials covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other materials shall be self afforded.
3) Scholarship students shall get their monthly living allowance from the date of registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of the living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount. The graduates will be given a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation time set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next month after students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who do not get the monthly living allowance during holidays can get that upon return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for one month if students do not register on time without permission from the university in advance, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from the university over a month.
4) Students who have to suspend their studies because of serious diseases should go back to the home country and pay for the international trip by themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for at most one year, and their living allowances will be suspended at the same time. The scholarship will be terminated for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
5) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. The students should pay for a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s relevant regulations.
6).Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The institutions or the appointed medical assistance agency provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles. The claim of individual student will not be accepted by the insurance company.